XSLV is a program analysis tool for XSL Transformations (XSLT).
Given an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet, S, and two schemas, Din and Dout, the XSLV tool is able to check statically that all output of S at runtime is valid according to Dout assuming that the input is valid according to Din. Additionally, XSLV produces a flow graph of S. Schemas are written in either DTD, XML Schema, or Restricted RELAX NG.
- Try the online XSLT analysis tool.
- Read the research paper: Static Validation of XSL Transformations [ abstract | PDF] (in ACM TOPLAS)
- M.Sc. theses:
- A presentation (57 slides) of the approach.
- The full source code for XSLV is now available!
Disclaimer: this is a research prototype, not a finished product. If you have questions about how the tool may be used and whether it may fit certain purposes - or if you are interested in research collaborations related to the tool, please send us an email.
- Limitations and known bugs in the current implementation