The analysis consists of a front-end that computes a context-free grammar that captures the possible output of the given servlet (i.e. string fragments printed to the output stream) and a back-end that analyzes the grammar for XML well-formedness and XHTML validity.
The current implementation release contains the analysis front-end and parts of the back-end. Stay tuned for updates!
- View the online javadoc API specifications.
- servletvalidator.jar - precompiled Java archive, or
- servletvalidator-all.jar - full jar including necessary libraries
To see the command-line usage, run
java -classpath servletvalidator-all.jar dk.brics.servletvalidator.Analyzer
- Source code is available on request.
- Read the research paper: Static Analysis for Java Servlets and JSP [abstract | PDF ]