Xact is a Java-based system for programming XML transformations. The main features of Xact are:
- XML templates as immutable values
- optional type annotations using XML Schema declarations (based on the dk.brics.schematools package)
- static analysis for ensuring type safety
- full integration with the Java language
- an efficient runtime system
NEWSXact version 3.0 is released! The new version contains a redesigned API. See the full javadoc or the main interface to the runtime system.
- Download the Xact source code - latest release: v3.0-4 (april 28, 2011)
- Installation guide and examples
- JavaDoc API specifications for the main XML class
- The book An Introduction to XML and Web Technologies contains a section about Xact
Xact is being developed by the programming language research group at Aarhus University.