- Intall Eclipse SDK 4 (Juno)
- Install the following using Eclipse's update manager:
- Xtend 2.4.1 from the Xtend Update Site http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/
- LightRefactor from the update site http://www.brics.dk/jsrefactor/renaming/
- Press Ctrl+R to rename that token.
Source code: see the light-refactor github page.
- Read the limitations above and make sure you understand them.
- Add this update site to Eclipse: http://www.brics.dk/jsrefactor/eclipse
- Install the plugin available from the update site. It may take a long time for Eclipse to resolve its dependencies.
- These three refactorings should now be available from the menu called "Refactoring":
- Rename property (do not confuse with the existing refactoring simply called rename)
- Encapsulate property
- Extract module
- The warnings produced by the tool are not always that helpful.
- Dead code is ignored. You may be surprised if you try to refactor a half-complete program.
- And therefore, it does not work well on library code.
- If your code is very complex, the underlying pointer analysis may take a long time and/or use lots of memory.
Please send questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com.